BURN Spotlight: Lisa L.
1. You started in our 6-Week New You Challenge, what made you commit to that and what was that program like for you?
I decided to try the New You Challenge because that is what I needed, something new and challenging. My previous workouts (spin, bootcamp, kickboxing) were tired and old. In addition, the challenge of the Paleo diet was intriguing. The program was great. Everyone involved were friendly and nice and not at all intimidating. I felt motivated by the others and felt we were all in this together which made the hard work and food sacrifices easier to stick with.
2. What do you like most about the BURN program?
I joined the unlimited BURN program mostly because I enjoy the constant movement of the class and the weight lifting of the CrossFit was getting difficult for me with my wrist and and knees. I feel like I am working out just as hard.
3. What is your favorite WOD and/or movement?
My favorite WODs are the CHIPPERS. Lots of different exercises in one class and no time to get bored!
4. What is your least favorite WOD and/or movement?
Least favorite… BURPEES of course!
5. What is your proudest accomplishment at WSCF so far?
My favorite accomplishment so far is my much improved strength and my weight loss. As of today I have lost 30 pounds total!
6. What is a goal you hope to accomplish in the next 3 months? 1 year?
My main goal in the near future is to do a box jump on the regular sized box not the lower one. I have been trying and trying and I think It is a goal I can make. As far as long term.. I want to feel strong enough to do CrossFit classes along the the BURN classes. But mostly I want to do a pull up someday!
7. How has Wells Street CrossFit affected your life so far?
WSCF has really filled a need in me to do a daily workout and not be bored. I am so comfortable there and am glad its a daily part of my life.
8. What is something about you that no one at WSCF knows?
I am an open book but I suppose there are a lot of things no one knows about me just due to the fact that when we are there we are working. But to answer your question, I guess no one knows my husband is 25 years younger than me.
9. Do you have any advice for someone considering WSCF?
Advice huh? Just try it. and once you do, stick with it and before you know it you wont be able to stop. WSCF will become a very important part of your life.
10. If you could do a WOD with anyone, who would it be, and why?
A WOD with anyone?? Well i guess my husband. He is away right now and has no idea how strong I have gotten and in one class I would kick his ass!
11. Favorite quote or motto?
I have a phrase I used with my daughter all her life which worked well for us cuz you know the mother daughter thing…Love stays and anger goes.
If you are interested in transforming your life and your workouts learn more about our BURN program here.
2016 11 22