BURN Spotlight – Lauren A
Name: Lauren A
Occupation: Instructional Designer
Member at WSCF since: October 2016
- How did you get started with WSCF?
Desperately seeking out some sort of motivation to workout, I signed up for the WSCF 6-week New You Challenge in October… and haven’t stopped coming here since.
- What is your favorite WOD and/or movement?
My favorite movement is depth (death) squats.
- What is your least favorite WOD and/or movement?
My least favorite movement is anything with the word burpee in it.
- What is your proudest BURN accomplishment so far?
My proudest accomplishment so far is box jumping onto the 24” box. When I first started, I could barely jump onto the small 12” box!
- What is a goal you hope to accomplish in the next 3 months? 1 year?
In the next 3 months I hope to do a Coach Josh-approved push-up on the floor, and in the next year I hope to do ten of them in a row.
- How has WSCF affected your life so far?
WSCF has positively affected my life in many ways. Not only am I happier, healthier, and motivated, but also the 6:30am BURN class changed me from a night owl into an early bird, and introduced me to new friends.
7. What is something about you that no one at WSCF knows?
Nobody at WSCF knows that I am a huge Big Brother fan and went to the Chicago open casting calls last weekend.
- Do you have any advice for someone considering WSCF?
My advice for someone considering WSCF is to do it and stick to it; the WODs eventually get easier.
- If you could do a WOD with anyone, who would it be, and why?
If I could do a WOD with anyone, I’d choose Richard Simmons so he can choreograph the workout to I Will Survive.
- Favorite quote or motto?
“Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
– Red, The Shawshank Redemption
2017 04 05